Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Marching Onward in October

I know.... I haven't posted in a LONG time... and truth is... I was getting discouraged. No, I didn't stop working- I just wasn't seeing results for my work... which, frankly- doesn't sit well with me AT ALL! Remember me mentioning that I am an "instant gratification" type of person? well this process is NOT good for that type of mind frame if you catch my drift. Needless to say, I had to change my way of thinking, My way of eating and my activity levels. It took me a while to understand all of these concepts and put them into action. I changed the way I ate... didn't loose anything. started going to the gym.... maybe lost 2 pounds... then I put the two together and added an open mind and NOW I'm seeing change in my body! I am really excited too! I am down a solid 8 pounds from when I first started and plan to loose another 2 by next week!

It took a little while for my body to "jump start" it's self into this new routine. Bryan and I go to personal training 2 times a week, but that's not enough. So, we joined Anytime fitness and go there 2 or 3 times a week depending on our schedules. Usually- when we go there, I focus on cardio & try my best to get 20-30 minutes in. Then, I'll focus on one muscle group to work on that day. It's simple stuff- but it takes a lot to go and just get it done.

My out look was a bit negative until recently. Bryan has slimmed down a lot, like noticeably. and I can not help but get jealous because we literally do the same stuff day in and day out and he loses twice as much weight. (plus guys loose weight SO much easier & faster than girls... as if they didn't have it easy already haha). But he was getting a lot of praise and compliments from friends and family and I almost went fishing for some. I was discouraged. and I didn't feel a change in myself. Then, about 2 weeks ago- Bryan's cousin Becca came home from school & noticed that I was a bit slimmer. She said "Kristin! you look great! your face looks SO SKINNY!" I was in shock! that made me feel really good.... so I remembered that feeling and the positive attention I got. So I worked really hard and remembered the positivity I felt. on Saturday, I felt really good in my outfit and felt really confident! even Got to the gym 4 times last week and on Sunday, Bryan's mom commented on how both of us were slimming down! it made me feel amazing.. like AMAZING! Yesterday, when getting ready for the gym I didn't have to tug at my t-shirt to make it a little bit bigger and I was wearing skin tight leggings & there were no bulges! I came out and bryan goes "whoa! I said... "I know.. I look thinner don't I?" all he did was stare at my butt... haha. because of those feelings- I want to do even better. I walked into our training session last night, and got on the scale.... I weighed less there than I ever have! I was so excited! another positive thought to add to my thinking! YAY

Monday- i found myself wanting to go to the gym. Same with Tuesday. I'm feeling great.. and I know that is what is really important! I really want to continue on this path... I know bryan won't let me give up... and now I can finally say that I don't think I will let myself either! :)

(you guys better not let me stop either!)

That's all for now- I'll let you guys know if I reach my goal of loosing two more pounds by next week! (I'll be down 10 pounds if I do!!!!! YAY!)




No comments:

Post a Comment