Saturday, July 28, 2012

It has been a few weeks since I have posted. I found myself obsessing a little bit and putting too much thought into this weight loss process. I wasn't making it fun for myself, I was making it work- so i took a step back and re-evaluated a few things. 

The first thing I realized was that I needed more help than I thought. I almost needed someone to break stuff down for me and then I would apply that to my lifestyle. Bryan and I have some excellent friends and family in the area and we decided to explore our resources. We considered joining a few gyms that our family attends, but we didn't feel like that was a good fit for both of us and our relationship. So we explored a little more and I called up a great friend whose husband has his own gym. The next night, we were at their house for dinner, eating with the kids and having a nutrition meeting! boy, i'll tell ya now, I needed that more than anything!

I am the type of person that HAS to work out to lose weight- I can't just diet and expect results. While talking with Jeff, he told me that I needed to have 6 small meals a day and work out 4 days a week to see significant weight loss. We talked about what I was eating and turns out- i wasn't eating nearly enough and not eating the things that would be used productively in my body! Cutting calories wasn't the answer, maintaining my metabolism was! I needed to eat 6 meals a day. each meal MUST have protein and fiber. when we talked about that and he broke that down for me, it was like a light bulb came on. Protein and fiber- I can do that! low carb, try not to have breads and eat as much fruit and veggies as I want... Easy right??? 

it  wasn't easy for me in the past because no one had explained it to me like that. We met for weight training on Tuesday and I worked my butt off! I ended up completing the work out and Bryan had to stop early! The next two days were rough because I couldn't walk correctly- My legs were in shock! I pressed on and swam laps on Thursday and Saturday, only getting 3 work outs in last week because I was in pain. 

This past Tuesday, I went in- stepped on the scale and was down 3 pounds! I couldn't believe it! so excited and ready for another hard core weight training work out! :) 

All in all, I have lost 5 total pounds since this weight loss venture. Not exactly where I want to be so far- but I'm glad I figured out what works for me. I am going to continue to work out with Jeff and take his nutrition advice! we do two days a week at his gym and then 2 days a week at anytime fitness or laps or at home work outs! 

it's an amazing feeling and I'm so happy I'm doing this!

Can't wait to share more with all of you! 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment