Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day Four:

Everyday I have been active and everyday I have stuck to a low carb high protein & fiber regimen. However, the number on the scale has not moved. This is where I get discouraged and impatient. I have a really hard time with not seeing results fast and expect instant gratification. You would think that I would have learned by now.. So here I am weighing myself everyday- which I know you're not really supposed to do and I am also expecting instant results which I'm aware don't exist. If I know that I shouldn't be doing or shouldn't be expecting these things- then why do I do them? I am excited, I truly am but I really just want to see numbers drop of weight "fall off" like some people said it would.

On the upside- I feel really good. Today was a little hard waking up with out coffee, but I'll be fine!  I feel like my tummy is "deflating" a little bit. I feel that it is visually flatter, most likely from the detox after the week at the OBX! but either way, I am thankful that there is some sort of visual progress to me!

I discovered something about my work out preferences yesterday that I didn't know before- I have always had a hard time with shoes- tennis shoes/running shoes. They always make my feet cramp and hurt while I'm working out so It makes me that less motivated to work out. So, Yesterday- Bryan and I went and walked on the Bay at Shore Drive. We were both barefoot and even though it was a workout for my calves, I could have gone for days because my feet felt great! I was happy to make that discovery because I really was having a hard time maintaining with foot cramps all the time. I wonder if anyone else has these issues with their feet??? does anyone's feet start going numb or cramp up while running/ walking or doing elliptical? Any Suggestions?

So yesterday I almost caved in because I was craving a salty and crunchy snack. you automatically think Chips right? well I didn't want to cheat so I had some edememe, then some nuts. neither helped nor satisfied me so Leah and I went to trader Joe's. They have these amazing plantain chips that taste just like baked lays. I bought some of those and she picked up some peanut butter filled pretzels (which I love! but I wasn't going to chance it) and I also got some ginger and seaweed to snack on if I crave again. The Plantain chips are not the best thing for you in the world, but it sure beats the calories and carbs from regular or baked potato chips.

Bryan and I had Ahi Tuna for dinner again last night and I had some more edememe. Tomorrow night, we are going to a friends house for dinner to grill out! I bought chicken kabobs to contribute. I was a little nervous at first, but she is aware that I'm trying to better my lifestyle so she was completely understanding when I was like... I'm sorry to be such a pain but we aren't really eating more than protein and veggies. She was totally supportive and wasn't hesitant for a minute which was really nice. and then I added we weren't drinking alcohol either... (ha-ha) just joking!

I'm going to go get a barefoot work out in before my work day starts today!
Thanks for all the love and support y'all! it really means a lot!

3 comments:

  1. The great thing is when u let people kno ahead of time what your plans for a better you are they will support u no matter what. So if u always gotta bring food u kno u can eat do it! That's my plan with eating on this insanity plan... I'm brining food everywhere I go!!! U r doing awesome. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super proud of you Kristin...good luck...I will give you a dollar:)...xoxo

    ReplyDelete